In The Community
- Took a group of youth who participated in a Shark Tank-like entrepreneurship program to a Miami Dolphins home game.
- Arranged a virtual fireside chat with Horst Bente, grandson of the founder of Adidas and co-founder of Berlin-based leAD Sports Accelerator.
- Coordinated a trip for a group of youth from St. Lucie County to travel to Lake Nona, FL, and explore entrepreneurship and business development skills with NESTRE Health & Performance, and leAD Lake Nona.
- Launched its 1st Annual Life Skills & Leadership Day in conjunction with Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Lucie County, NESTRE Health & Performance, and leAD Lake Nona.
- Conducted a raffle for Foster Care Awareness Month, which included prizes such as signed sports memorabilia, a one-on-one workout experience with Albert and ticket to attend a Mayweather fight in Miami Gardens.
- Participated in the Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Lucie County 2021 Youth of the Year panel discussion and youth interviews.
- Launched a COVID-19 fundraising campaign to provide HANDY youth and families with food and other critical life needs.
- Provided meals to first responders in Albert’s hometown, Fort Pierce, at Lawnwood Medical Center.
- Partnered with Dutch Pot and Jackboy to provide lunches to students at Eagle Nest Middle School.
- Partnered with Fit Fixins, Know Your Rights Camp, and Impossible Foods to provide healthy food options during the holidays.
- Donated toys during the holidays to Fort Pierce families in partnership with Jazwares.
- Provided foster youth graduating from high school with trunks full of supplies to help with their transition to college.
- Albert and AWF partnered with Colin Kaepernick’s Know Your Rights Camp for its event in Atlanta. AWF sponsored 40 youth to attend.
- Conducted its 4th Youth Skills Camp in the areas of football, track and cheer for more than 500 youth participants in Fort Pierce.
- AWF participated in a hands-on day of fun and games with local foster youth at Xtreme Action Park during their Spring Break.
- Albert and AWF participated in the My Cause, My Cleats program.
- AWF partnered with Jazwares to distribute toys to patients at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital during the holidays.
- Hosted 3rd Annual Dine for a Cause at Wild Thyme Oceanside Eatery in Fort Lauderdale Beach.
- AWF awarded its first-ever scholarship to a foster youth from Fort Pierce who excelled in the classroom to participate in a study abroad opportunity.
- Albert first kneeled during the national anthem alongside former teammate Kenny Stills to bring awareness to injustices towards Black and Brown people.
- Albert and AWF partnered with Colin Kaepernick’s Know Your Rights Camp for its event in Overtown. AWF sponsored 50 youth from Fort Pierce to attend.
- In honor of 9/11, AWF visited Miami & West Palm VA Medical Centers to meet with veterans and discuss the country’s climate.
- AWF conducted its 3rd Youth Skills Camp in Fort Pierce.
- Hosted 2nd Annual Dine for a Cause at Casa D’Angelo Ristorante in Fort Lauderdale.
- Through the Dolphins Football Unites initiative, Albert worked with local law enforcement to help bridge the gap between law enforcement and underserved communities.
- Community Hero Award from Eckerd Connect’s Project Bridge program (2019)
- ChildNet Champion for Children Award (2019)
The Albert Wilson Foundation was founded on the principles of giving back to the youth in the community. As a foundation, we set out to instill the following:
The major focus of The Albert Wilson Foundation is to inspire our youth to believe that there is a broad spectrum of possibilities in their futures.
The Albert Wilson Foundation will influence our youth to set goals and successfully commit and more importantly achieve them.
The Albert Wilson Foundation wants to develop the skills needed to effectively communicate and interact which will ultimately lead to better relationships.
The Albert Wilson Foundation is committed to providing a strong positive support system in order to guide our youth toward an optimistic future.